1.22.2011

Junk Club Fun

On Friday night, despite snow in the area, I made the trek to Des Moines and beyond for a little Junk Club fun.  I stopped in Des Moines to visit Trader Joes, since I haven't been to it yet.  I came away with a few goodies, that I can't wait to try.

Rescued Junk by Old Crow Farm hosts a Junk Club about once a month.  I have been wanting to go to one for the longest time, and finally was able to go!  And I wasn't disappointed.  The evening started with a delicious salad and soup, followed by making our junk craft, the ended with some scrumptious dessert and a little shopping in the store. 

The junk craft we made was a resuced junk necklace, made with an old optical lense.  Such simple things put together made for a beautiful piece of jewelry.




I look forward to making time to attend more Junk Club fun!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...