6.12.2009

CWF - Day 5

Yesterday was a full day of activity. I didn't have time to post about the day, so I'm doing it now. In the morning, we headed out to see some more sites. We visited Arlington National Cemetery. We had the joy of taking a tourmobile around the grounds, and that was fabulous! I have been there one time before, but walked the whole time. I saw a whole lot more than I did before, thanks to not having to walk. We made it in time to watch the changing of the guard. That is always a site to see. Add that one to the bucket list as well.
After that, we headed off to WWII Memorial. Of course it was great to see as well. I think last time I was there, I completely missed the gold stars. There are 400 gold stars on this wall, to represent the more than 400,000 who died.
Finally, we went to see Iwa Jima. This time, on our ride there, our program assistant read a story to us. It was taken from the book, Flags of our Fathers, by James Bradley. It was a great lead in to visiting the site. I haven't heard of this book before. But after our program assistant and bus driver told me the book was great, I decided to get it. I found it today while at the Air & Space Museum. (So once I read it, if anyone would like to borrow it, let me know.)
Evening time, our groups split up. One group went to a baseball game, and my group went to see Shear Madness at the Kennedy Center. We had a fun time getting there and back. We had the joy of taking the Metro (subway and bus system). The actors did a great job. Just not too sure about some of the content. Especially when there are a bunch of middle school students in there as well.
Day 6 - Delegation Day.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...