6.29.2011

Howdy Kitchen: Lazy Day Lasagna




Sunday night during my cooking time, I made this lasagna.

However, this was my first time making lasagna without boiling the noodles before hand.

In the end.....SUCCESS!!

It saves SO much time.  No need to wait for the water to boil, then add the noodles, then wait for the noodles to cook.

The longest prep this time was browning the beef.

Here's the recipe I used.


Lazy Day Lasagna

1 12oz carton cottage cheese
2 c {or more....to totally did more!} shredded mozzarella cheese
2 eggs
1/3 c chopped parsley
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp basil leaves {I omitted these, since the spaghetti sauce had them in it}
black pepper

1 32oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 lb cooked ground beef
9 noodles
1/4 c water

In a bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients.  Set aside.
Mix together sauce and beef.
In a 9x13 pan layer noodles, meat mixture, and cottage cheese mixture.
Top with cheese!  {I used mozzarella and parmesean}
Pour 1/4 c water around the edges.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes covered.
Uncover and bake 15 minutes longer.
{Until cheese is beginning to brown.}
Let stand 10 minutes before serving.


This recipe was great.  SOOOO cheesy.  :)

The lasagna I normally make is just like this....minus the 1/4 cup water, and covering it for the first part of its cooking time.


I didn't realize the name of the lasagna until I started typing up the recipe.

I love it!  It seems very fitting.


One thing I did notice....the dry noodles do not fill up the pan.  Because of this, I decided to add a part of a noodle at one end to fill in the empty space.  Otherwise, a 9x9 pan would work well.  Your layers of meat and cottage cheese mixture will just be a little thicker. 


Mom, you will definitely want to give this lasagna a try.  :)


Now, as I'm sitting here on my final evening of kid wrangling since Friday night, I am definitely wishing I wouldn't have left the pumpkin bars I made spur of the moment Monday evening, in my office! 
I guess I'll get to enjoy them all day at work instead!  :)



 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...