11.02.2010

Howdy Kitchen: Cookie Delight

When I made my quick visit to the farm Friday/Saturday, I had some fun playing with cookies.

In the Nechanicky household, it seems to be a tradition to have fun cookies for the holidays. 
While younger, we would help decorate cookies to take to our classes at school.  I think the sweet treats made us popular on the various holidays.  :)

For Halloween, we decorate pumpkins.

After mom makes the dough and lets it cool, then start out looking like this....


After a few minutes in the oven, then then need to cool.  To help that process along, once they cool off a but, throw them in a container and put them in the freezer.


Pick out some fun candies.


As you are waiting to decorate some more pumpkins, line the candies up all nice and pretty.


Eventually, you will end up with this.


Yummy!  They are delicious.  I was even lucky enough to bring a few home with me.  I think I had about 10 I brought back on Saturday.  As of Tuesday night, they are gone.  Oops!  :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

FUN!!! totally bookmarking this post for next year's childcare halloween!! thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...