5.27.2010

Calm Before the Chaos



Tonight after work, I will finally be making my way back to the farm for the weekend (well, until Monday night or Tuesday morning).  To me, this is the 'calm before the chaos' of what my summer will be begins.

For some reason, this is my busiest summer that I can ever remember.  On top of my normal work, we have 5 different trips/opportunities for students to travel to Iowa State or other colleges in the state and country.  I already have a couple of kid wrangling jobs lined up.  In addition, I will be at the farm as much as I can when my China sister and Germany sister are back in the states.  Just too bad it isn't at the same time!  :(   I can't forget about getting to help set-up in the 4-H Building prior to the Iowa State Fair.  I love helping set up the amazing projects the youth have submitted.  This year, it is quite possible this will also be my only time to visit the fair.  It won't be quite the same missing the thousands of people, free stages, sunburns, and whatever else I can find.

On the plan for this weekend, mom has already informed me that I will get to help her with repainting my grandparent's bathroom (which I think includes the cabinets and doors), garage saling, and hanging out with a couple of little dudes.  I have some projects of my own that I would also like to get done.  Just not sure if there will be enough time in the day for it all.

I know I will enjoy my 4 days at the farm.  It will have to be my 'fix' during my summer chaos.  I just hope I will be able to come back to the real world with no problems!  :)

1 comment:

Lori said...

Thought of you when I saw this, http://stitchesandsacks.blogspot.com/2010/05/cowgirl-carryall.html
Enjoy your long weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...