4.20.2010

California Dreaming, Day 2

On Monday, our traning didn't start until 2p, with check in beginning at 1p.  With the free time in the morning, Jessica and I decided to make the most of it.  The shuttle driver today was great!  We weren't sure where we were going to go for breakfast, so he dropped us off at a great place called Pipes.  I had the egg scrambler with bacon and a glass of milk.  It costs about $7 total.  And here's the amount of food I got.  (Jessica's scrambler is in view as well.)


In the end, I ate just under half of what is on the plate.  There was so much food!  But it was delicious!  It was a perfect breakfast for a couple of Iowa girls that enjoy some good food.

We eventually made our way to the design district on Cedros Avenue, in Solana Beach.  There were some fabulous stores there.  Jessica and I had lots of fun looking around and enjoying the morning.  And yes, we did pick up a few fun purchases.  I was a chicken and did not take pictures like I wanted.  This area can get rather pricey for items...so we just enjoyed looking at most things.  There were some fun lamps and pillows that we want to try to copy...and it makes me wish I would have taken pictures.

Two of our favorite stores....Solo and Leaping Lotus.  If you are ever in the San Diego area, be sure to visit this district...and especially these stores.  You will not be disappointed.

Eventually we made our way back to the hotel, for the beginning of our training, since that is why we are here.  :)  It was a great introduction, and I'm looking forward to what we will learn and want to implement with our own program.

After supper, Jessica and I finally made our way to the beach.  BEAUTIFUL!!







Two days down, four days to go.

2 comments:

Lori said...

If you get a chance walk around LaJolla and the LaJolla Coves. One of Janel and my favorite places and close to where we used to live. :) Oh and Seaport Village, if it is still there.

Janel said...

Wow! Beautiful beach pictures! Looks like so much fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...