Because of the crazy shipping charges, they did Site to Store. That worked out quite nicely. It came in at least 1 week earlier than they expected. (Have you ever done Site to Store if you order online? If you frequent Walmart a lot, it could save you some good money!)
Since the set came in earlier than planned, and I was at the farm for almost 4 days, my sister-in-law, Lindsey, and I got to work on this on Saturday afternoon. After reading some of the reviews and suggestions on the website, we went to work.
First, we pulled out all the pieces of wood. There were 2 boxes of wood. And these boxes weren't small. In the end, there were 49 different styles & cuts of wood. That doesn't include the numerous pieces in each pile. We made sure we had each and every piece of wood, in addition to labeling each and every piece that was in the box.
Here's a glimpse at the piles of wood. I believe we had put together some of the pieces at this point in time.
One of the suggestions on the product review was to seal the wood before assemblying it. We decided to do that as well. However, this made the process MUCH longer....but hopefully it will be worth it.
When I left the farm on Sunday afternoon, this is what the main structure piece looked like.
Because of the size of the play set, we did not attach all the other pieces to it yet. That would make moving it to the backyard a little harder of a task than it needed to be.
I can't wait to see the finished product when I am back at the farm next....whenever that may be. But I know any kids that frequent the farm will definitely enjoy it!