11.24.2009

Pumpkin Cake Gone Right!

Last night at my Monday Night Supper Club, I was wanting some pumpkin cake. But, I didn't have a recipe. However, I did have plenty of ingredients to put something together that actually turned out quite delicious. And it was really quite simple.

*Ingredients:
1 box yellow cake mix
3 eggs
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 1/4 cup milk (I replaced the water with milk)
1 can pumpkin
dash of vanilla
bigger dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and pumpkin pie spice

*Directions:
Make cake mix as the box says. Add in the pumpkin and stir. Add vanilla and spices and stir well.
Pour in to greased bundt pan.

*Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick comes out clean. (I think it took about 35 or so minutes for mine.)

*Let it cool for a few minutes, then put cake on a round platter.

Frosting:
1 tub of cream cheese frosting
dash of vanilla
bigger dash of cinnamon
bit of milk

For the frosting, I should have just made a cream cheese frosting...but didn't feel like it. So I mixed the above ingredients until nice, smooth, and creamy. After letting the cake cool for about 15 minutes, I put the frosting all over the cake, making sure to cover it completely. Then I let it sit. I was wanting the frosting to run a bit and get warm, but I guess I didn't realize how hot the cake still was, since the frosting soaked in to the cake and melted off. But that little mistake actually turned out great! I scooped up all the frosting around the outside edge, and put it in the little space in the middle, where it stayed nice and warm.

Close to an hour later when it was served, it was still warm! Sometimes my mistakes don't turn out well, but this one sure did. The frosting that was on the cake became like a glaze over the cake. Since the frosting in the middle was still warm and runny, it got drizzled on to all of our pieces .

Served with a couple scoops of vanilla ice cream, this warm cake was delicious! So if you like pumpkin, but aren't a big fan of pie or cheesecake, give this recipe a whirl. You'll be glad you did. :)

(Sorry, completely forgot to take any pictures of it. Maybe I'll make another one tonight!)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...