9.08.2009

Mini Vacation Recap

What a fun time I had at the farm the past few days. I am considering it a mini vacation. No work for 5 days...it better be a vacation!

To recap the events of the vacation...

Wednesday night: Left work early to pick up my little friend Naomi, and headed to Cedar Rapids to pick up my 'little' sister Gina from the airport.

Thursday: After and before Naomi's naps, the girls (Gina, Mom, Naomi, and I) went shopping. Gina was in need of some items for teaching 4th grade in Germany. We also had to get our UNI shirts for our Saturday activity.

Friday: Played with Naomi and Luke (a little boy my Mom watches once a week), until Joy and Joshua came to pick up Naomi. Went to the Union football game at night. It has been years since I have been to any Union activities....and I've been to 2 football games, 2 weekends in a row.

Saturday: Gina and I went to the UNI vs Iowa football game in Iowa City on Saturday. The game was unbelieveable. Usually during the last few minutes of a game, a good portion of the crowd leaves. But during this game, everyone stayed until the last second was over. Many people stopped on the steps to watch the last second...literally. The last second of the game probably easily lasted 10 minutes. Did you know that could happen? Even though the Panthers lost, it was a great game. They gave Iowa a run for their money. In the end, I didn't think Iowa fans had much to talk about, since they were suppose to be ranked number 21, and play a completely different class of schools.

Sunday: Church in the morning. Family dinner with our grandparents and Adam & Lindsey around 1pm. One thing that Gina HAD to have when she visited was sweet corn. I think she has her fill of it now!

Monday: Gina got her hair chopped off for Locks of Love. About 10 1/2 to 11 inches. It is now just a little above shoulder length. Believe it or not, I had longer hair than Gina for about 8 hours or so. I have been attempting to grow my hair out for LoL as well, but have been wanting to get it cut lately. Well, it happened last night. Mom isn't sure who's hair is longer now. She thought mine might still be, but it's just layered a lot more.

Tuesday: Bright and early at 6am, I left the farm to come back to the reality of work. Bummer. I sure do like life on the farm much better.

You can take the girl out of the farm life, but you can't take the farm life out of the girl.


If you want any more detail on the events, head over to Gina's blog. She did a better job at documenting everything than I did.

1 comment:

Jay and Gina said...

Glad you were able to come home and spend so many days with me! It was so great to have you around! Can't wait until Christmas time! Love you sis!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...