12.26.2008

What A Wonderful Christmas It Was!

I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!

I know here at the Nechanicky Farm, we had an enjoyable time. My sister and her husband are going between our farm and his family during the week. They are stationed in Germany, so it's fun to have them back for this week. My brother and his wife are here as well. Between all of us, we got some great stuff! In all of this great stuff, there were some games.

If you are a fan of Monopoly, did you know they make all sorts of other forms of something-OPOLY? How about FARM-OPOLY? It was a fun game. I enjoyed it a lot more than the regular Monopoly game. It's more fun to buy horses and tractors and seed and have droughts instead of getting sent to jail. And the money pile that goes in the middle...how about some free manure! I liked calling it the money pit. Manure.....pit. :) Instead of buying homes and mansions, you buy square acres and barns. It is the perfect game for our family.

We also played a couple games of Settlers of Catan. However, I believe it is actually called Sedlers....since it is in German! Good thing my sister was thinking ahead and copied their friends directions that are in English so we could remember how to play. I guess it's a good way to teach us all a little German. I know that ritter must mean robber.

Now we have the rest of the week/end to bum around a little. On Monday we'll be having a little snow party at the farm. I hope you all are having a fun time with your family and friends as well. I know all of us here definitely charish our time together, since two of the four of us are in other parts of the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hallo, good morning for yuo by italiano blogger

Jeanne Oliver said...

It sounds like you had a fun Christmas. So glad you were able to spend it with your sister. Blessing to you and your family.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...