12.05.2009

Twas The Night Before Sunday...

Twas the night before Sunday, when all through the house,
One creature was stirring, but it wasn't a mouse;
The socks where thrown around the house without care,
In hopes that the kid wrangler wouldn't be aware;
The children were nestled all snug in their bed,
While visions of Christmas cookies danced in their heads;
And their mamma in Vegas, and their dad there too,
Hoping to see a rodeo or two;
When in the kitchen there arose such a clatter,
The kid wrangler hoping not to break a platter.


Since Thursday, I have been wrangling for 3 great kiddos. And yup, their parents are in Las Vegas for the rodeo finals. We have been keeping busy, and might have had later nights than what they are use too. Oops!

Thursday after I picked up the kiddos, I went over to another friends to watch their 2 kids while they went to their son's Christmas concert. Friday was taking the youngest to Kindermusic. Today was full as well. We went to the Lowe's Build and Grow workshop. The kids had a fun time putting together gingerbread houses. They all had some fun ideas for them. This afternoon I did some baking that I have been wanting to do. I had to stop early, since I was the lead in the infant room at church tonight. After the kids finally got fed and to bed, I decided to make a cheesecake. Well, actually 2. But they are alike. I figured I'd leave one for the family to enjoy later, and I will take the other one with me. Now I am waiting for the cheesecakes to bake, while enjoying Mrs. Miracle (I LOVE the Hallmark Channel during Christmas time!!!) The kitchen is almost clean, then I will call it a night. Tomorrow will include going to church, making dinner, then trying to clean the house up a little bit. Depending on when the kids mom and dad get home, I might get to take them to a 4-H Christmas party.

I will post my cheesecake recipe later. It was a new flavor I thought I'd try. I just hope it tastes as good as I'm hoping. Mixed about 3 recipes ideas together to get this one.


And to all a good night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...