10.25.2009

Hostess/Fellow Crafter Gift

What an enjoyable afternoon it has been today. I made two loaves of pumpkin bread, beef and chicken enchiladas, a cream cheese fruit/pretzel dip for tonight, and 2 sets of tile coasters.

My normal connection group with church is not meeting tonight, due to moving in to our new auditorium. At the first service today, there were just over 1,200 people in attendance. It was unbelievable. Being able to worship God with that many people is something that doesn't happen very often. But I look forward to many more years of worshipping the Creator with hundreds (thousands) of others every weekend.

Due to this, our group decided to not meet tonight, since many of use had helped out during the week and this weekend with preparing for and moving for the first service.

This morning a friend invited me to join their connection group for the evening, since they are just having a social, that was being hosted at their house. Of course I said yes. Might as well socialize a little! Especially since I don't see this friend all that often anymore.

This friend is another crafter at heart. So I thought it would be fun to take her a little hostess/fellow crafter gift tonight. I decided to make them 2 sets of tile coasters, so got to work. It took all of about 10 minutes total to complete them. I put the same pattern on all 8 of them, and dressed up the gift bag a bit.

The bag isn't much or something I usually do to them, but I knew I wanted it to have a simple look...and it sure does!

I hope to make this a habit...hostess and thank you gifts. I have plenty of items in my craft room, but seem to have a hard time sharing it sometimes. By keeping it in my craft room, no one gets to enjoy it there. The gift might be something small and simple, but hopefully it will show my appreciation to the recipient.

What do some of you do for hostess/thank you gifts? I would love some ideas.

2 comments:

Jodee said...

Holy cow! You have been a busy bee today! Your food sounds delicious! Your coasters turned out cute too!

Mom said...

WOW! You must have put it in 5th gear.
Sounds good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...