5.06.2009

Lost Sock Memorial Day?!

Did you know there is a national holiday to celebrate lost socks? I sure didn't. But how fun!

This morning I received an email from Nicole (great name, I know) at LittleMissMatched regarding this holiday. And now I am passing it on to you. I already checked out the website she included, and there are some fun ideas to do with single socks.

Hi Nicole,

Hope you’re well. Just wanted to check in with you and let you know about a fabulously fun holiday that’s just around the corner. This Saturday, May 9th, is Lost Sock Memorial Day (it’s actually a real holiday!) and in honor of the special day, LittleMissMatched is asking people to revolutionize their sock drawers! As a company that was founded to solve the age old problem of the missing sock, we thought that this was the perfect job for us.

We’ve got some exciting things going on in honor of Lost Sock Memorial Day:
Buy one, get one free on LittleMissMatched Socks from May 7th to May 11th.
A new page (
www.lostsockmemorialday.com) on the fun section of our website. It’s full of family fun games and arts and crafts that will give your single socks new life!

In honor of this holiday, I am going to host my first ever giveaway! But here is what you have to do.

*Take a before picture of your sock drawer.
*Sort through your sock drawer and find any single/lost/hiding socks and set them aside.
*Reorganize your sock drawer with all the pairs or 'missmatched' sets.
*Take an after picture of your sock drawer, in addition to all your single socks that didn't get put back in the drawer, to see how many lost socks you really have.
*Then blog about your sock drawer (or send me an email at nicoleigh at hotmail dot com if you don't blog).
*On Monday, May 11, I will post the winner in late afternoon.

The prize will be a set of LittleMissMatched socks that I have set aside for future use.

Disclaimer...this contest might be more for my benefit of organizing my sock drawer than for you. But I'm going to give someone else the reward for celebrating this holiday as well.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...